Monday, March 2, 2009

Only Song Titles

On Facebook, Alafair tagged me for this meme and I couldn't pass up. I had so much fun with it, I thought I'd post it over here, too, even though it isn't book-related. It's just purely for your enjoyment, I'm not tagging anyone, but if you like it and want to do it yourself, by all means, do so.

With this one I had to answer the questions using song titles from only one artist. At first I thought it would be hard because I wanted Elvis' "In the Ghetto" for #4 and Huey Lewis' "Hip to be Square" for #2...but then I turned to my beloved GEORGE STRAIT and he NEVER lets me down, so here they are y'all...


1. Are you male or female?- High Tone Woman

2. Describe yourself- Always Never the Same

3. How do you feel about yourself? Last in Love

4. Describe where you currently live? Home Improvement

5. If you could go anywhere, where would you go? Where the Sidewalk Ends

6. Your best friend is? You're Something Special to Me

7. Your favorite color? Baby Blue

8. You know that? You Can't Make a Heart Love Somebody

9. What's the weather like? Blue, Clear Sky

10. If your life was a T.V. show, what would it be called? – Wrapped

11. What is life like to you? – My Life's Been Grand

12. What is the best advice you have to give? - Do the Right Thing

13. If you could change you name what would it be? - Adalida

14. Your favorite food is? Texas Cooking

Thanks George! You're the best! :) I was disappointed I couldn't make "The Chair" fit. That's my all-time favorite! :)

NOW, if I didn't have to use only one artist, this is what my list would look like:

1. Are you male or female?- Lady (Kenny Rogers)
2. Describe yourself- Hip to Be Square (Heuy Lewis)
3. How do you feel about yourself? Too Marvlous for Words (Frank Sinatra)
4. Describe where you currently live? In the Ghetto (Elvis Presley)
5. If you could go anywhere, where would you go? Oh, My NOLA (Harry Connick, Jr.)
6. Your best friend is? Bridge Over Trouble Water (Simon and Garfunkel)
7. Your favorite color? Coat of Many Colors (Dolly Parton)
8. You know that? Size Matters (Joe Nichols)
9. What's the weather like? Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head (B.J. Thomas)
10. If your life was a T.V. show, what would it be called? – Workin' Man's Ph.D. (Aaron Tippin)
11. What is life like to you? – Just Another Day in Paradise (Phil Vassar)
12. What is the best advice you have to give? - Do the Right Thing (George Strait)
13. If you could change you name what would it be? - Maggie May (Rod Stewart)
14. Your favorite food is? Banana Pancakes (Jack Johnson)

**as a little side note to the music industry, I own all of these songs on CD - no iTunes downloads for me! :)

Have a great week. Happy reading...or listening, which ever you're doing! :)


3 comments:

Corey Wilde March 2, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

'Amarillo By Morning,' that's my favorite George Strait tune.

Anonymous March 2, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

Jen, you're a blast!

Theresa de Valence
Authors need Better Software To Write
http://www.bstw.com

Jen Forbus March 2, 2009 at 6:11 PM  

*blush* Aw gee whiz, Theresa, thanks!

Corey, that's a Strait classic by anyone's standards. George can do no wrong by me...

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP