Friday, May 29, 2009

A Few Thoughts for Friday

Wow! How did it get to be Friday already - and May's almost over? Gotta love these short weeks. We've had a bit of rain since Tuesday here in Northeast Ohio, and thus it's been a bit muggy. I, however, do not complain. I'm so happy for warm, I don't care how I get it!

Thanks to all who have sent the kind messages about Monday's Mystery Backlist and the 6-Word Memoir project. I'm excited to announce that I'll have a guest taking care of the Monday Mystery Backlist next week. I'm trying to make that regular post as well rounded in the mystery genre as possible. And submissions for that post are still always welcome! I'm also excited to announce that Lisa Unger will be guest blogging on Tuesday in honor of the release of her new book DIE FOR YOU. Hope you'll stop by for that.

Congratulations go out to Charlotte from Georgia. She won the copy of A CARRION DEATH.

I'm also looking forward to next weekend when I'll be participating in the Mystery Read-a-thon. If you're interested you can sign up at the website for the event. I'll be blogging a bit while I progress. Not sure yet what I'll be reading. A lot depends on what I finish this coming week. The marathon is for 12 hours. That's one I think I can handle! I will probably read 9 to 9 or 10 to 10. We'll see. But, I'm gearing up! Let me know if you're participating, too.

That's all for now. Happy Reading!




4 comments:

Charlotte May 29, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

To read that I won a book, is a wonderful way to start my day. I am thrilled over winning.

Thanks, Jen for having this give away and for your great blog that made it possible.

le0pard13 May 29, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

12 hours of reading? That's something. Outside of breathing, I don't think I could anything for 12 straight hours. Good luck and keep us posted on the 7th. Thanks, Jen.

Anonymous May 29, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

Yes, what le0pard 13 said. I have a fairly short attention span. Plus, I'm so used to reading at bedtime that I'd probably fall asleep two hours (or less) into the marathon.

Jen Forbus May 29, 2009 at 10:55 PM  

Charlotte, I'm so glad you're excited about the book. That's when I'm rewarded because I know the book is going to a good home! :) Thank YOU for visiting my blog.

I'll definitely keep y'all posted on the 7th about my reading...and Naomi, I bet you'd stay away if you were reading RC!! :)

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP