Friday, September 11, 2009

A Crime Fiction Twitter Directory

I've noticed folks putting various Twitter author directories together lately. I thought if I found one that represented the crime fiction authors well, I'd link to it here. I haven't come across one...not to say there isn't one, I just haven't stumbled on it myself. So, I thought I'd put one together myself of the crime fiction industry folks I'm aware of on Twitter. Then if you know of some others that I'm missing, let me know in the comments and I'll get them added on the list and I'll probably also follow them on my own Twitter account. Just a note, there are other authors on Twitter, but if they haven't been active since, say July, I didn't include them on my list. Each of their twitter names is linked directly to their Twitter page, so if you'd like to follow them, you can easily click on the link and follow!

Alright then, let's start with the authors I know of - provided I can recall my alphabet today, I'll put them in alphabetical order by last name:

And here are some additional folks in the crime fiction community that are folks to follow on Twitter:

Reviewers/Bloggers/Blogs

Booksellers

Publishers/Organizations/Other Industry-Related Tweeters


O.k., so there's my list to share with you. I'm probably missing some important folks, so you can let me know in the comments who you think should be added. And of course I hope you'll follow me as well. You can do so by clicking my little Twitter Bird over in the sidebar.



13 comments:

Deb Baker September 11, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

Hi, saw this link on facebook. Great list. I'm an author on twitter, too. twitter/debbaker1. see you over there!

Lesa September 11, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

Hi Jen!
Great idea! Thanks. I was alrady following most of them, but added a couple.

And, here's the cozier end of the mystery spectrum. (not in alphabetical order. It's only 5:30am here, and I'm not up for it.

@talender
@SueAnnJaffarian
@kristadavis
@SheilaConnolly
@debbaker1
@ElizabethSCraig
@LorraineBarlet
@bstanleyauthor

@CleoCoyle
@writersplot
@JulieHyzy
@mysterykitchen
@thecozychicks
@Clea_Simon
@DianneEmley (not so cozy)
@BVLawson
@rebeccacantrell
@lynnemurray

Lesa - http://www.lesasbookcritiques.blogspot.com

Jen Forbus September 11, 2009 at 8:38 AM  

Thanks ladies! I'm going to get my list updated when I get home this evening. Glad to have the help. Then I'll make it a regular link over in my sidebar so people can always access it easily if they want to.

Alan Orloff September 11, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

Hi Jen,

Thanks for this list. It's great!

I'm on Twitter, too.

@alanorloff

Corey Wilde September 11, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

You're making me think I'm missing out by not twittering.

Janet Rudolph September 11, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

What a great list and wonderful additions from Lesa. Much better than clogging Twitter feeds with #FF.

I also follow foodies, so I'll have to continue some #FF.

Be sure and post again throughout the day. Some twitters only check in occasionally.

rhapsodyinbooks September 11, 2009 at 5:51 PM  

Very useful! Thank you so much for posting this!

Elspeth Futcher September 11, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

I'm there as well - mystery games author and writer of in-process mystery novel.

@elspethwrites

Glad to have found your blog! Mine is called "It's a Mystery" found at http://elspeth-itsamystery.blogspot.com

Kerrie September 11, 2009 at 8:18 PM  

Jen, I blog at MYSTERIES IN PARADISE and tweet occasionally at @smiksa. I have a list for fellow crime fiction bloggers on Crime Fiction Journeys

Peter Rozovsky September 11, 2009 at 11:38 PM  

Thanks for the mention and for the work this must have involved. I'm going to save this list for reference. Good job!

Michael Robotham also has a Twiter account, as do Duane Swiercynzki, Dennis Tafoya, Sandra Ruttan, Gerard Brennan (Crime Scene NI) and others.
==============
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

Maxine Clarke September 12, 2009 at 3:58 AM  

I'm a crime fiction reader and reviwer, and am on Twitter at @Maxine_Clarke. My blog, Petrona, is at http://petrona.typepad.com.

We have a crime&mystery fiction readers' discussion group at Friend Feed, all are welcome there, so I hope you'll join Jen, and anyone else among your readers who is interested in discussing crime fiction http://friendfeed.com/crime-and-mystery-fiction. If you blog on crime fiction and want your blog's RSS feed to feature in this group, please let me know, either by dropping a comment over there http://friendfeed.com/crime-and-mystery-fiction, or by sending me a message on Twitter, or commenting at Petrona.

Thanks for the great list of Twitter crime fiction authors and reviewers.

le0pard13 September 12, 2009 at 1:36 PM  

Great stuff, Jen. I'll be adding to those I follow. Thanks.

Pop Culture Nerd September 12, 2009 at 11:34 PM  

Jen,

Thanks so much for including me on your list and for compiling this in the first place. I'm a lazy Twitterer so this is good to have.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP