Sunday, March 14, 2010

And The Round 1 Winners Are...


The votes have been tallied and the winners determined. Here are the results of who will be going on to Round 2 of the "World's Favorite Detective" tournament:


Harry Bosch - W
Roderick Alleyn


Kate Shugak
Nero Wolfe - W


Tom Thorne - W
Cork O'Connor


Walt Longmire
Alan Banks - W


Lindsay Boxer
Sam Spade - W


John Ceepak - W
David "Kubu" Bengu


Easy Rawlins - W
Pepe Carvalho


V.I. Warshawski
Kinsey Milhone - W


Alex Cross - W
Jonathan Stride


Bernie Gunther
Tess Monaghan - W


Will Trent
Charlie Resnick - W


Ray Dudgeon
Sherlock Holmes - W


Jack Taylor
Jim Chee - W


Lincoln Rhyme - W
Aloysius Pendergast


Eve Dallas
Precious Ramotswe - W


Adam Dalgliesh
John Rebus - W


Elvis Cole - W
Joe Leaphorn


Endeavor Morse
Andy Delziel - W

Matthew Scudder - W
Sam Purdy


Salvo Mantalbano
Lew Archer - W


Phillip Marlowe - W
Charlie Parker


Travis McGee - W
Lincoln Perry


Jesse Stone - W
Armand Gamache


Guido Brunetti
Spenser - W


Lucas Davenport - W
Erlendur Sveinsson


John Corey
Tom Brant - W


Virgil Flowers - W
Jean-Baptiste Adamsberg


Reginald Wexford
Hercule Poirot - W


Kurt Wallander - W
Harry Hole


Carson Ryder - W
Skin Kadash


Patrick Kenzie
Ellie Hatcher - W


Moe Prager
Dave Robicheaux - W


Well, I'm sad to see a few of my own favorites going home after Round 1, but CONGRATULATIONS to all the first round victors. There were quite a few of these match-ups that were literally won but a matter of a few votes, so every vote does indeed count. Fill in your brackets with last week's winners. Tomorrow will start Round 2, so rally your friends, spread the word and come back to support your favorite detectives!

9 comments:

Beth F March 14, 2010 at 10:49 AM  

Fun!!! I'll be back to vote again tomorrow.

LJ Roberts March 14, 2010 at 11:54 AM  

This is fascinating. I did very well on the left side of the chart, not as well on the right side. However, my selections for the final eight, four, two and winner are still possible. What fun!

le0pard13 March 14, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

I'm sad to see that Walt Longmire lost in the first round. And Ray Dudgeon must feel like a late 60's small college that drew John Wooden's UCLA Bruins in the first round of the NCAA! At least some of my other picks are still in it. This is was fun, Jen. Thanks for this.

Cathy March 14, 2010 at 2:22 PM  

Many of mine fell in the first round. Don't know what that says about my reading tastes! LOL I think I'm saddest about Walt.

Anonymous March 14, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

Well, I lost some of mine. And Walt. Really?? I like Alan Banks too, but Walt?? At least Ceepak is still there!

Jen Forbus March 14, 2010 at 4:14 PM  

I'm with you everyone, I was sad to see Walt go, too.

And Le0, I was sad to see Ray go as well as Lincoln Perry, Gamache, and Harry Hole.

I still can't get over how many close some of those contests were. Literally, a matter of a few votes would have made the contest turn the other way.

And Cathy, it says absolutely nothing about your reading tastes!! Le0's example of Ray Dudgeon is a great one. He likely fell because everyone knows who Sherlock Holmes is, even if you don't read crime fiction. But that doesn't mean Ray isn't fantastic. He just needs more people to know who he is...and maybe this will help that to happen! I hope so.

Anonymous March 14, 2010 at 4:24 PM  

My bracket is busted. Morse and Jack Taylor both go out in the first round - heathens!

MysterLynch March 14, 2010 at 6:24 PM  

I can't gripe too much, but was sad by some of the match-ups.

Looking forward to round two!

Bill Cameron March 15, 2010 at 1:55 PM  

Skin didn't make it out of the first round, but I am thrilled he made it into the competition at all. Now on to Round 2! :)

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP