Friday, June 11, 2010

Book Blogger Appreciation Week 2010


I'm headed out to Printer's Row in Chicago this weekend, but while I'm gone, I thought you all might be able to help me out a little.

Book Blogger Appreciation Week has been announced for 2010. It will take place September 13 to the 17. There have been some changes to the process and I need to register Jen's Book Thoughts this year. As part of the registration process, I need to highlight and link to five past posts that "distinguish" Jen's Book Thoughts as a crime fiction blog.

This is how the BBAW Executive Board defines the "Thriller/Mystery/Suspense/Crime Book Blog":

"This blog offers the best consistently excellent reviews, recommendations, analyses, and other content in thrillers, mysteries, suspense, and/or crime. The blog may cover several of these subgenres or just one."
These five posts are going to be ones used to evaluate Jen's Book Thoughts later in the process. So, I'd really like your input on what posts I should use to best highlight Jen's Book Thoughts. Obviously I need to include at least one review (note: I need to include three and work on my reading of directions) since they specify reviews in the definition. So tell me what reviews you liked best - tell me your top two favorites - and then what other posts you think are the best representation of the blog!

Then, here's the next part. I want them to consider Jen's Book Thoughts for Best Author Interviews. Here's what they say about that:

"This blogger does his or her research and asks the questions no one else does. These interviews are top-notch. Note that this award reflects the quality of the interviews, not the popularity of the person being interviewed. [Note that nominated bloggers for this award are required to submit 4 interviews; 1 post is left to their discretion.]"
I have impressions of what interviews I liked best, but I want to know which ones YOU liked best. If you want to go back and re-examine any of them, they are all listed over in the side bar with links. So, tell me what three you liked best.

I'm going to take everyone's input into consideration as I craft my registration post. So, please, please, please let me know what you think is best to represent the blog. You can leave me your choices in the comments or feel free to send me emails.

And if you're a fellow book blogger, don't delay! Get over and register for this year's BBAW. You can register without being considered for awards if you don't want to do this post selection part; it isn't mandatory.

Most of all thanks for your help and for always hanging out with me to talk about books!

7 comments:

Beth F June 11, 2010 at 8:56 AM  

Please go back and read the instruction post for BBAW (just below the registration form) -- you need to submit THREE review not just one. Please don't disqualify yourself on that account.

I would think about including a post about Detectives around the world week.

I'll think about the other posts.

Jen Forbus June 11, 2010 at 9:02 AM  

Thanks Candace! :-)

Naomi Johnson June 11, 2010 at 10:46 PM  

Craig McDonald's interview, that's my favorite.

And anyone who can get Ken Bruen to guest blog -- I'll never forget that post.

Naomi Johnson June 12, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

Also the Thomas Holland interview, I thought that one was excellent, too.

And reviews: THE GUARDS, ROLLING THUNDER, SOUTH OF BROAD.

Hope this helps, Jen.

Pop Culture Nerd June 14, 2010 at 12:54 AM  

Need some time to ponder this, Jen, but promise I'll come back and give you my suggestions. So many good ones to choose from!

Hilary Davidson June 14, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

Jen, I completely agree with Naomi about the Craig McDonald interview and the Ken Bruen guest blog. Both are standouts in my mind. Another review I really liked was of THE LONG FALL by Walter Mosely. Your interview with James Thompson was another gem.

I was wondering if it might be a good idea to include one of your video interviews, too.

le0pard13 June 14, 2010 at 3:50 PM  

What Naomi and Hilary said [as I ride in on their coattails ;-)]. Thanks, Jen.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP