Tuesday, June 15, 2010

MURDER IN THE ABSTRACT - Susan Shea

First Line: "I was hiding in the third floor ladies' room when my cell phone began to jangle."

Dani O'Rourke is in the midst of a large fundraiser for the Devor Art Museum, a fundraiser she is in charge of, when she is summoned to her office where her ex-boyfriend, an up-and-coming artist, had been thrown out the window to his death. As the police begin to investigate, it quickly becomes clear that Dani is among the suspects in the investigation due in large part to a letter sent to the deceased. The letter says it is from Dani, but she didn't write it. Dani refuses to sit back and be framed for a murder she didn't commit. The only question is, who would have motive to kill this man?

MURDER IN THE ABSTRACT is Susan Shea's debut novel. It's a light, fun who-dunnit; perfect for the beach or park or front porch.

Dani O'Rourke is an enjoyable protagonist. She's smart and funny. A respected executive for the art museum who obsesses over fashion and has her eye on the investigating police detective. Her ex-husband Dickie Argetter III is a humorous ladies man who still has a flame burning for Dani.

The plot itself offers up an interesting peek at the art world and how all its various players fit into the fabric.

Fans of Jane Cleland's Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery series will likely enjoy MURDER IN THE ABSTRACT with its smart and savvy, light-hearted plot, compelling characters and authentic backdrop.  

MURDER IN THE ABSTRACT is available June 24th in hardcover (ISBN 978-0-8034-7768-1) from Avalon Books.

Technorati Tags: , ,

4 comments:

Dru June 15, 2010 at 5:34 AM  

Thanks for the recap. Someone else mentioned this book to me and I've added it to my book database.

Anonymous June 15, 2010 at 8:00 AM  

Thanks for sharing about this new book, Jen. I'll add it to my wishlist. It sounds like something I would enjoy.

susan C Shea June 15, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

Jen, Thanks so much for reading my book. I'm glad you thought it was fun - just what I hoped it would be. I'm thrilled to be among "your" authors!

Dorte H June 15, 2010 at 3:45 PM  

I like that first line! This one sounds very appealing.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP