Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Crime Writers Caught Recommending Crime - Day 2

Today's author is a debut author this year and he's making quite a splash. Todd Ritter released his first novel, DEATH NOTICE, last month. And this month he's giving his recommendation to seasoned and award-winning author, Louise Penny for her most recent installment in the Armand Gamache series, BURY YOUR DEAD. Todd has this to say about his recommendation:

"I'm reading BURY YOUR DEAD, the latest Chief Inspector Gamache mystery by Louise Penny. All of her books would make great gifts for those who like their mysteries elegant, complex, witty and brutally insightful. She's become a must-read in my house, even though her talent and personal charm make me green with envy."



Well said, Todd!

To compliment Todd's recommendation, I'm going to recommend ROLLING THUNDER, the sixth book in the John Ceepak series from Chris Grabenstein. If you enjoy books with Sherlockian-type characters, fused with good old-fashioned humor you'll likely enjoy the Ceepak series. The plots are smart and complex; the characters authentic and rich...including that Officer Forbus character!

And for all you audiophiles, these are also two of my favorite series on audio. Macmillan Audio published BURY YOUR DEAD on audio. This is a change from the previous publisher, Blackstone Audio, but the narrator has remained the same, Ralph Cosham. The John Ceepak series is available exclusively from Audible.

7 comments:

Anonymous November 3, 2010 at 7:12 AM  

Love this new feature, Jen! Keep 'em coming.

This is a banner day for me. I am about to start BURY YOUR DEAD. I loved ROLLING THUNDER and....I already have DEATH NOTICE to read on my Kindle. I'm prepared all around!

PokerBen November 3, 2010 at 8:04 AM  

Love being turned onto new authors, I hadn't heard of any of the authors mentioned today.

Beth F November 3, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

I hope I don't turn into a broken record this month -- but I have Penny's first on my MP3 player. Must read....

Nigel Bird November 3, 2010 at 10:30 AM  

that's a tantalising piece. i shall look it out.
i'm also very impressed by the one-eyed reading technique!

Jen Forbus November 3, 2010 at 7:33 PM  

Kay, you are all set for awhile. Well for two days at least, right?

PokerBen, I'm so glad you're finding new authors. You're making me smile!

Beth, both are so great on audio. I'm quite confident you're going to love them.

Thanks for stopping by Nigel. I want to hear what you think about any of the books we talk about. Isn't it a joy to chat about books?

kathy d. November 4, 2010 at 8:22 AM  

Great feature!

This one could keep going forever, and we (the blog's loyal readers) would be quite content.

lil Gluckstern November 4, 2010 at 4:20 PM  

I have you on my home page, and I am never disappointed. Both Louise Penny and Chris Grabenstein are on my must read list, so I have already enjoyed these books and only hunger for more. Todd Ritter's book is waiting for me to pick it up, and so on.So many books...

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP