Monday, November 8, 2010

Crime Writers Caught Recommending Crime - Day 5

And we're back. Let's start off this week with a fabulous author recommending an equally wonderful talent. Michael Wiley is a professor by day, a P.I. writer by night. You know how we've mentioned a lot of the St. Martin's "Best First Private Eye Novel" winners on here? Well, we have another one. And Michael's been here before for memoirs, so I'm probably repeating myself, but I just think it's cool these people are willing to hang out with me! Anyway... Michael writes the Joe Kozmarski novels. And he's recommending a great new P.I. novel from S.J. Rozan, ON THE LINE.

Here's what Michael has to say about ON THE LINE:

"I'm reading and recommending S.J. Rozan's On the Line because Rozan's Bill Smith and Lydia Chin are back, and what better company than theirs on a long winter's night?"
I have several of the Bill Smith/Lydia Chin novels waiting for me. So I'll look forward to curling up with them this winter! I also have a couple on audio, so you audio fans can find the series there as well.

To keep the P.I. theme going here I'll recommend my favorite P.I. for anyone who hasn't picked him up yet, Elvis Cole. If you haven't read L.A. REQUIEM then get you to the bookstore NOW! If you have a friend or family member who likes crime dramas on T.V. or crime novels and they haven't read Elvis Cole, this is a no-brainer gift. And they are available on audio, too, so if you have an audio fan, you're all set.

Well, if you have anyone on your list who needs a new P.I. novel to read, you are covered all around today. Happy Reading!

1 comments:

kathy d. November 9, 2010 at 11:11 PM  

I love S.J. Rozan's Lydia Chin/Bill Smith series, which alternate protagonists. They're different in style, sometimes with Chin's books lighter and fun, and Smith's often serious and deep.

Books which feature both are good, for different reasons.

"Winter and Night" starring Smith is quite a book, transcends the genre, I'd say, if I believed i that dichotomy, which I don't. But it's a good book.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP