Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Completely Humbled - The Final Chapter

Whew! Are you totally sick of me being humbled yet? Well, you have to make it threw one more award. I'm really not trying to be a snob, I simply wanted to recognize each person who gave me awards because I want each of them to know how much they mean to me. So, thank you so much for tolerating me through the last three days of this business.

The final award I get to receive and pass on tickles me pink, absolutely brilliant bubble gum pink. Actually that's the color I turn whenever Corey pays me a compliment. He says the kindest things, and I'm the goofball looking all around going, "he's talking about me?!?" It warms my heart to accept this Premio Dardos award from Corey at The Drowning Machine. According to Corey, "Jen's blog is the essence of the power of positive writing. And she scores some terrific author interviews, too." Wow!

Backtracking a bit, I found this little tidbit about the Premio Dardos:

"The Dardos Awards is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web."


I'm so excited that someone actually thinks I add value to the web! I am one of those people who doesn't know what to say or do when others pay me compliments. I usually end up stuttering something absurd, but please know that every one of the compliments you all have been paying me these last few days are stored in special places in my mind and heart. I value each and every one. Now before I pull a Sally Field on you all, I'll just get to passing this award along!

1. The first blog to pop in my mind for this award is definitely Meanderings and Musings hosted by my friend Kaye Barley. She adds such spunk and pizazz to this blog world. If her blog ever went away, I'd feel a major loss. But not only that, her blog is supportive and encouraging to all those around her.

2. Tim Hallinan's blog is a shoe-in for a Premio Dardos. His promotion of creativity is incredible. If I'm not sharing in his writing process through the blog posts, then I'm reading about other folks who are creative and talented and sharing their ideas with others. Tim's blog is a haven for the creative folks in this wild cyber space.

3. My last nomination is going to the blog of someone I don't know personally, but do admire tremendously, and that's Off the Page: On Books and Culture. Oline Cogdill is the co-host of this blog and she has a great blog that promotes mystery and crime fiction. I've learned about new writers and new titles through the Off the Page blog and look forward to those e-mails that pop up to say a new post is available. Off the Page definitely adds a great deal to my blog world.

O.k. all, that's it. I'm finally caught up! I'm going to go bask in my awards a little more while I read before bed. I plan to be back tomorrow to share some odds and ends that I've stumbled across in the course of getting caught up. Thank you to everyone who bestowed awards on me, as well as all the tremendously kind folks who left congrats in the comments. I'm so happy to share my reading experiences with you all. Come back and visit me often. I love to talk books with you! :) Happy Reading!

7 comments:

Corey Wilde March 25, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

It was all a giant conspiracy to humble you, Jen. I don't see tear stains on your blog yet, but we'll just have to keep working on it.

Serena March 25, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

Congrats on the award. And those look like some great blogs to check out.

Kaye Wilkinson Barley - Meanderings and Muses March 25, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

I have to tell you - I am totally overwhelmed.
i am.
I love the blogging world!
Jen,thank you.
Sincerely and completely and we shall exchange huge hugs and happy dances when we meet in Indianapolis. How's that?!

le0pard13 March 25, 2009 at 9:43 PM  

Well deserved, Jen. And I've got to check those bloggers you've passed this onto.

Anonymous March 25, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

Bask away, girl, you've earned it!

Oline Cogdill March 26, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

Jen, I am honored and humbled that you would mention the Off the Page blog in this list. I am delighted that you find what we write useful to readers. In this day of newspaper cutbacks and layoffs, and the decreasing or elimination of books pages, it is beyond gratifying to hear from readers who like what we do. Thank you. Your post made my day. I also am blogging twice a week for Mystery Scene magazine at www.mysteryscenemag.com/msblog
as well as
www.sun-sentinel.com/offthepage.
Again, thank you for your kind words.
Oline Cogdill

Anonymous March 29, 2009 at 4:58 AM  

Thank you for sharing your experiences of writing books and blogging.
I found your site through Twitter.
Well done!

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP