Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Detectives Around the World - Tuesday

As I read DATW posts yesterday I saw some great comments of people mentioning that they were finding new detectives or new blogs. I know I added a couple detectives to my list of future reads. How about you? What did you discover yesterday?

If you missed yesterday, make sure you head over to The Drowning Machine and find out about Naomi's great contest for a $35 gift certificate to Aunt Agatha's and Jenn's contest at Jenn's Book Shelves for a complete Beauty Killer series. And of course there's also the scavenger hunt where you can win prizes. So, take advantage of these opportunities to win gift certificates, books and audios!

If you missed yesterday's posts, you can go here to see the line-up of bloggers and their links. And of course, don't forget to vote for your favorite detective in the final match-up between Harry Bosch and Phillip Marlowe.

Today the fun continues. Poncho is reviewing EL MIEDO A LOS ANIMALES (FEAR THE ANIMALS) at Elogios in Spanish. Poncho is blogging from Mexico, where his novel is set.

At Whimpulsive, SuziQ reviews THE PURE IN HEART from the Simon Serrailler series that she highlighted yesterday. If you stopped by Whimpulsive, you'll recall that this series is set in England. I know this was one that was added to my reading list!

Hannah takes us to Canada on Word Lily today. Yesterday she reviewed STILL LIFE from one of my favorite series, the Armand Gamache series by Louise Penny.

Naomi has a review of MILLION-DOLLAR TATTOO on The Drowning Machine. Did you answer her puzzle question yesterday? She has a new one today for more chances to win that $35 gift certificate!

Jennifer is reviewing OUTSIDER IN AMSTERDAM at The Literate Housewife. I've been looking forward to her review ever since she told me what she was choosing for the theme week. Can't wait to check this one out!

If you haven't read William Kent Krueger's Cork O'Conner series, you're in for a treat at Beth Fish Reads. If you have read this series, I know you'll be happy to go chat with Beth Fish about her review of PURGATORY RIDGE.

Julie discovered Jo Nesbø for "Detectives Around the World" and she's reviewing his most recent Harry Hole novel, THE DEVIL'S STAR at Booking Mama. If you're unfamiliar with Jo Nesbø, his series is set in Norway. And if you're a regular reader here, you already know I'm a Nesbø fan, so I was thrilled that Julie choose this series.

Lesa continues her look at Steven Havill and New Mexico at Lesa's Book Critiques. This is another series that is new to me and thus added to my reading list!

Katy is also in England today with a review of Anne Perry's A DANGEROUS MOURNING on A Few More Pages. Looking forward to learning about this series, too!

Kathy is going to be reviewing Sue Grafton's U IS FOR UNDERTOW on Bermudaonion's Weblog. Kinsey Milhone was holding her own in the "World's Favorite Detective" tourney for several weeks. Let's see what kind of trouble she can find in Southern California in Sue Grafton's latest installment of the Alphabet Series.

And here on Jen's Book Thoughts I'll be reviewing Andrew Gross's upcoming novel RECKLESS, which is part of Gross's Ty Hauck series. This particular book of the series is set partly in Connecticut and partly in New York City, with some dalliances outside the country even.

This is a fantastic line-up of bloggers and detectives! I hope you will stop by and check out some posts. Say "hi." Ask questions. Leave comments. Find a new detective; find a new blog. But most of all, have fun! Happy Reading!

1 comments:

Audra April 13, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

I just stumbled across this series thanks to Booking Mama -- I'm just drooling at all the new books for me to add to my TBR!!

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP